Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

It's fuzzy, brown and ugly

The temperature is changing here in the Bay Area. You can feel it ...Fall is here.

I had such a hard time getting out of bed this morning it was so cold. I'm so used to rolling over and reaching for him on cold days like today. I woke up and had the sad realization that he wasn't there. But he did leave me something. It's fuzzy, brown and ugly. I call it his Linus security blanket. It's probably the ugliest sad looking fleece blanket you've ever seen. He picked it up on the last deployment 6 years ago. We literally fight over this ugly thing because it is so warm. I've never won the nightly fight or better yet tug a war for this treasured "blankie" until today. This morning I wrapped myself in it and snuggled for a little while longer. Kind of silly that the ugliest blanket in the world could be so comforting to me. It won't replace him but it comes in a close second.

No comments:

Post a Comment