Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

While he is away

This journey started about 24 years ago when I met my husband. He used to talk about joining the military and wanting to serve. We married, had 3 kids and well... lived our lives. After September 11th, he said to me... "I have to do something, I have to serve". That was as you know many years ago ... fast forward to today and we are now facing another deployment the first one was in 2006. It was tough and I expect this one will also have it's challenges. I started this blog to help me journal my way through it and hopefully help another person facing the same challenges. When you go through something sometimes the most helpful words you can hear from another person are "me too". Not to commiserate with each other, but to simply know that you are not alone. I'm not sure really what I'll write about other than to say I will simply write about life here at home and all that it encompasses, while he is away. Here we go!

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a great idea! writing is such a great way to let things out, connect with others and find out that we are not the only ones going through difficult moments. Stay strong! Much love to you and your family! Oh, and please keep painting =)

    Alejandra Oseguera (hijadelsol)

    ReplyDelete